View Single Post
Old 2012-01-19, 21:47   Link #1752
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Yeah, Udyr needed the nerf. Udyr was always OP, but like Skarner, it was the mana costs that was holding him down. I remember not being able to change stances more than 3 times at level 1, and he was as blue dependent as the best of them before mana cost buff. But after the buff? All but deserved nerfs, dodge removal included. For the mana cost, those skills were doing too much.

That's why I don't agree with Skarner mana cost increase. Nerf him some other way other than reverting the Quality of Life changes made to his costs. I'd rather be gimped in some way (like Udyr) rather than not be able to use my skills as I please.

One tip I can give relative new players is when your team is ahead and everyone doesn't seem to want to group you can do this...

Buy pink ward + 2 green wards (oracles + 2 greens also work). Pink Baron, and ward around baron with the greens. If you're blue you ward the enemy entrance ramp and you ward behind baron. If you're purple, you ward the entrance from blue buff and the other entrance near mid-river. Now say in chat that baron is clear and it should be a good idea to do it, and with you knowing for sure it isn't warded and therefore relatively safe, you should be able to convince your team mates to gather there.

Now you cleared the enemy vision, and know if the enemy will be coming, do baron. This forces the enemy team to do one of the two; give away baron and essentially hand over the 'power play' status to your team, or fight a teamfight outside the safety of their towers.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote