View Single Post
Old 2012-02-01, 17:58   Link #31990
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
The scene where Vivio fell down and Nanoha wanted her to get up by herself also comes to mind, as Fate took matters into her own hands when she couldn't stand the thought of Vivio on the floor crying anymore. You could even think of Fate as the doting father, while Nanoha is the serious, yet caring mother. Hypothetically speaking, of course.
Bad example, I'd say. Fate went to Vivio in a "OMG ARE YOU OKAY?!" fashion which goes to show how much of a softy she is. Nanoha was all "Be a man and suck it up, kid" which is very much a masculine, 'father' thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
Close enough, I guess.
Now that's more like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Mamoru View Post
Somebody have that comic of the Force moment where Fate arrives to Nanohas rescue and then they start flirting and the Huckeshit is left equivalent to "..."?
That's the Force Dimension for that chapter, which is the official parody manga. As such I wouldn't put much stock in its interpretation of anything.

I think the best canon example is in that one early chapter of Vivid where Fate's bathing and Vivio and Nanoha join her. Fate was pretty flustered when Nanoha came in while Nanoha acted like it was no big thing. Considering her character Nanoha isn't really one to realise she should be embarassed in such situations.

And then I see doujinshi (ex. most of Tokuharu's stuff) where Nanoha is being all melodramatic and doubtful of her relationship with Fate while Fate is the decisive affirmative one. It really should be the other way around.