View Single Post
Old 2012-02-03, 09:06   Link #860
Ypocaramel

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
In re: Mikono: I don't think Mikono's seen the version of Cayenne's vision where she turns into a skeleton, has she? If she hasn't, her reaction to Kagura makes a lot of sense: all else aside, Mikono's in love with the idea of destiny and fate and all that, and he's her future husband in that vision.

And, I can easily see her insecurities leading her to ask Amata to do something he shouldn't to "prove his love". Maybe even likely, given how much talk about "forbidden" things this show has had so far (forbidden names, forbidding meetings, forbidden powers, love forbidden, etc.). Not too long until we have a new episode to pick apart.
The first part is interesting - I agree you might be onto something there. But she also saw herself looking sad and dressed in black for the wedding, so she might have some pause about that vision. But it could lead to her being more likely to "give in to fate" even if she does not do anything active to make the vision come true or love Kagura.

I can see the logic in the second part too but I can't agree with that reading of her charatcter. My reading of her so far is that based on the nature of her insecurities she's more likely to blame it on herself "I'm useless, I don't deserve to be loved by Amata-kun..." It would more likely if her insecurities lead Amata to do something crazy to prove his love, making her an "unintentional villian" in a sense that it is her passive acts, not active acts, that cause disaster.

Last edited by Ypocaramel; 2012-02-03 at 09:17.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote