Thread: Crunchyroll Saint Seiya Omega
View Single Post
Old 2012-02-07, 19:15   Link #22
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
I do hope that it’s like what you said and that there’s still a chance that Lost Canvas can be continued when TMS see Omega becomes a success.

As for Omega, I’m actually very excited about it since this will be an original anime story (and a sequel too!) and not Kurumada’s. You see, I’m actually a rare fan where I really like Saint Seiya’s concept (battle between Gods and their clothed minions & the cloths’ designs) but don’t really like the story told by the original author. The only arc that I actually like from Kurumada is the Sanctuary/12-temples arc. Other arcs that I like are not (entirely) from Kurumada such as Asgard Arc, Hades: Sanctuary (since the anime presented the story far better than the manga imo), the Overture movie, and Lost Canvas.
Same.

I really love the mythos and concept around Saint Seiya, but the actual execution coming off Kurumada's original stories after the Saga Arc... was really lack-lustre in my opinion. I've come to prefer other author's execution of his mythology.

Plus I think that Kurumada himself is stuck in a rut and writer's block about where he himself wants to clearly take the Saint Seiya franchise, given that Next Dimension kinda went nowhere.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote