View Single Post
Old 2012-02-13, 04:26   Link #1858
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikijin View Post
Just in case, I remind you to use the version on the website, not the one in pdf. The first chapters were full of errors before I corrected them. And I still have to finish checking chapters 4-7 (actually, I wanted to do a full check). My part starts from chapter 8.
I am using the pdf, but I'll try to keep notes when I notice an english error, but since it's not my native language, just take what I say with skepticism

Quote:
I am a fan of Hanekawa, if that's what you wanted to know
Not really, but it's good to know that Monogatari does not have only Hitagi fans, and lolicons as its audience

By the way, I guess it is/was obvious that I am also her fan, but reading Kizumonogatari I think I upgraded from fan to her slave

...and we really need a thread for her epic moments:

Spoiler for kizu ch.9/10:

Quote:
Considering this was my first experience in translating from Japanese to English (and I was just learning Japanese, and Kizu was my third Japanese book), I don't know if I really had way to subconsciously influence my translation If you have doubts about the translation of some sentences just tell me.
Hehe, Kizu is the first novel I am reading on paper, up until now is just manga or txt with rikaichan and more advanced friends. So yeah don't expect for me helping translating anytime soon, I just noticed some errors in english, basically grammar, which is totally understandable before editing.

Anyway, since now I am midway in Kizu- (after a month of trying to learn a shitload of kanji compounds) a quick question concerning the series... Neko- Kuro and Shiro do not have some overlapping storyline... I think I read somewhere that Kuro is the end of the first Monogatari series and Shiro the beginning of the second part. Kuro basically narrates Tsubasa's Golden Week, while Shiro picks up the story from where Nise- stops, right?
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote