View Single Post
Old 2012-02-14, 15:44   Link #27852
ndqanh_vn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post

I don't know if it was done on purpose but when I saw their love scene in EP 6 when George confesses his past of jealousy in the manga it somehow felt totally flat from Shannon's part at least..
Yes, Geogre and Shanon's love scene was always like this. AT LEAST, Kanon is implied to have his own motive, even though it mostly revolved around his furniture complex. All their conversation seemed to me like Geogre saying whatever the hell he wants, and Shanon just goes along with a smile.

Before ep 7 I will put it as bad writing, but after ep 7 I think it might be intentional all along, to show how fake the relationship is when Yasu refuses to show her own feeling and just act according to what people expects from her.

I remembered somebody in this discussion already said one of my fav remark: "She wants to be loved, but the the tragedy is, she refused to let anybody know her true self."

I believe it is intentional, as Ryukishi could and did write convincing relationship, e.g, the adult. (It's funny how Jessica claimed that Kyrie's feeling is not love...considering she is just a teenager with quite a shallow teenager crush...)

Quote:
Still I think this is one of the weakest plot points in Umineko.
The whole existence of Yasu is the weakest point in Umineko I think...

In theme of thematic, it's still fine I guess, but if you really think about it logically, nothing actually makes sense.

Quote:
I don't know how they do things in your country, but in Japan, you generally don't touch your date beyond handholding or kissing, ever, when in public. Hugs generally aren't socially acceptable except between family members.
I guess I will re-read EP2 to clarify it, thanks for your point. I just feel weird if you go out with her for so long and never discovers...In the manga or anime, her boobs clearly touches Geogre's body for a few times...

But maybe it's just for fanservice.
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote