View Single Post
Old 2012-03-08, 10:22   Link #206
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
My opinion is up in the air for a live-action film of Bleach. However, considering a lot of live-action Japanese films suck, seeing our live-action films is amazing. They did pretty good with the three Transformers movies at least on footage and 3D motion, as well as CGI. I agree that Dragon Ball sucked, that I do. And I'm slightly against them making a movie out of Rurouni Kenshin. However, I say we give them another try. I think it mostly depends on the director and staff.

I am willing to give them a try after seeing how they handled Transformers, even if the storyline is quite different, the footage is stunning. The Japanese are the masters of animation and we are the masters of live-action, for sure.
really? as far as i know there are only very few hollywood adaptations that could be considered as good or even better than their asian counterparts. was the hollywood version of the ring better than ringu? what about the grudge? they screwed that up too! i could only think of martin scorsese's the departed that made the grade. the movie was an adaptation of the hong kong film internal affairs, and that was an awesome film as well. hollywood films may have all that flash but don't underestimate asian filmmakers. have you forgotten wuxia films like crouching tiger, hidden dragon, hero, house of flying daggers, fearless, etc? i'd rather watch a low-budgeted asian indie flick with great writing and direction than watch a big flashy michael bay movie! his films may be entertaining but they're as deep as a puddle.