View Single Post
Old 2012-03-15, 16:25   Link #145
Triple_R
Center Attraction

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Mami Lives Chapter 6
Mami Romance Chain

“Have a good time at Shirahama Beach!”

That's what Sayaka shouted to Mami and I as the two of us began boarding the super-high speed bullet train heading for the resort town of Shirahama! It was now 4 PM on Friday afternoon.

If you chose B for Choice M3, read Section Sayonara from the Violinist. Otherwise, skip over it.

Spoiler for Sayonara from the Violinist:

With Sayaka seeing Mami and I off, and cheerfully waving goodbye to us, I started to feel an almost paradoxical mixture of relief and excitement. Relief that the long school week, and all of the preparations for this most special trip, were finally behind Mami and I. And excitement over the trip itself of course!

I could tell that Madoka was as excited about this beach trip as I was. While that was only what I had expected, I still found it a refreshing relief. This is since she appeared to not be worried at all over taking her first long trip out of Mitakihara Town that wasn't part of a family vacation, or as part of an official school outing. I hope this means that she completely trusts me, as I've come to have complete trust in her. If she does completely trust me, I'll have to make sure to honour and reward her trust as best as I'm able to.

It has been so long since I went on anything even remotely like a vacation. It has also been so long since a person has meant as much to me as what Madoka now does. She has brought so much health, hope, and happiness into my life. It's amazing to think of how much my life has changed since I first met her less than two weeks ago. These joyous thoughts soared through my head, while I gazed out the passenger window at the typically pleasant, and at times even majestic, scenery all about the train. It felt like my very spirit was being refilled from leaving the elegant but tight confines of Mitakihara City in order to reacquaint myself with nature. But what was particularly helpful to my overall well-being was now having my irreplaceable girlfriend Madoka in my life, as well as a wonderfully supportive and earnest Puella Magi understudy in Sayaka.

For over a year after the tragic passing of my parents, I had only two people that I felt I could turn to for friendship or help: Kazuki Kudo and Kyouko Sakura. “Phoenix Wright” is a very kindhearted man, but simply too busy to provide me with the sort of comfort or friendship that my heart yearns for. As for Kyouko... that friendship sadly ended in tears and anguish. I had recently met with Kyouko, in accordance with Akemi-san's plans for dealing with the soon arrival of Walpurgis Night. Unfortunately, Kyouko hasn't changed from what she was like when our friendship died in the fires of a battle over conflicting ideals. If anything, Kyouko seems more ruthless than ever, and also more intent than ever to be an island unto herself.

I wonder if I should introduce Madoka to Kyouko? Could Madoka's effortlessly sweet, caring, and optimistic nature manage to reawaken the more well-intentioned Kyouko that I had once been close friends with?

But this was just a fleeting thought for me, as Madoka spent much of our trip resting her head comfortably on my shoulder, contributing to my sense of bliss. I think she briefly fell asleep a couple times during the trip, but that's understandable given how long it was, and how she had so generously insisted on me having the window seat so I could be the one to enjoy the scenic view. There was not much to capture one's attention within the train itself.

But this would soon not be an issue, as the train arrived near the beach on the outskirts of Shirahama. It was now 6 PM.

Yay, we were finally here! I quickly grabbed my overnight luggage bag, while Mami also reached for her's. As we stepped off the train, my eyes went wide at the sight of the wondrous white sandy beach only a short distance away, on this bright sunny day! It was also very warm, the perfect weather for swimming.

Mami and I first walked to Kazuki Kudo's beach house. The beach house was almost pure white in its colour, and it had lots of large windows and openings throughout it, ideal for capturing the view of the shore that was only a short walk from it. Inside was a matching white sofa set, but with pillows of various colours resting on it. A black circular table was situated between the various sofas. There were also some spirally, polished wood carvings hanging from the ceiling. Finally, there were four bedrooms and two washrooms. It all made for a very nice beach-house! While I never doubted Mami, it was still good to know for certain that I'd have a nice place to sleep tonight.

But the main thing now, of course, was enjoying the beach! So I quickly opened up my luggage bag, and took out the pink polka-dot bikini that I bought while shopping with Mami during my first date with her. For her part, Mami took out the blue bikini that she had picked up on that date. We quickly changed into our bikinis, and grabbed some beach supplies. We then started racing to the beach, while joyously laughing!

After we made it to the beach, I was struck by how crowded it was! There must have been hundreds, if not thousands, of people set up all over the circular shoreline of the beach! But after being briefly wowed by the crowds here, Mami soon managed to focus me back on making our own beach setup.

We stretched out our beach towels next to one another. Mine was a solid pink six foot long beach towel, while Mami's six foot long beach towel had a much more fancy brown, gold, and white design on it. We then set an umbrella up over the beach towels to keep them well-shaded. We also brought with us a couple large beach-balls, and a cooler that came from Kudo-sama's beach house. It had a good variety of drinks inside of it for Mami and I to enjoy later. But first things first, we wanted to go swimming!

“Last one in has to buy the other one Dinner!” Mami exclaimed with a wink and a playful smile, as she started running for the water.

“Hey, no fair!” I shouted in reply, before quickly racing after her, “You had a head start!”

But my complaints would soon not matter much even to me, as I quickly waded into the water. Normally I'd take longer to get my body used to the relatively cold water, but I was just so excited right now that every bit of nervousness within me seemed to fade away into the heavenly horizon!

With two hands, Mami hurled some water into my eyes, and it mesmerized me a bit by how sparkling it was as it fell on my face. I splashed some water back at Mami, and the two of us started laughing a lot, and joking with each other. Our beach trip was off to a great start!

After having some fun in the sun, Mami and I went to grab a bite to eat. A nearby food vendor was serving jumbo hotdogs, and Mami suggested that we split one.

After taking the jumbo hotdog back to where we had a place setup on the beach, Mami surprised me by how she intended to split it. While we sat next to each other under the umbrella, Mami asked me to start eating the hotdog while she ate it from the other side. It ultimately resulted in a very spicy and quick kiss that left both of us giggling a bit.

Each of us also bought some fried noodles, and took out some Morning Rescue drinks from the cooler, to complete our Dinner.

After Dinner, Mami began to build a sandcastle over me by using a small green pail and shovel. I was impressed by how large and complex Mami's sandcastle had become.

“Wow, you've made that so big and impressive in such a short time!” I exclaimed to Mami.

“Only the best of castles would be acceptable for my beloved Princess.” Mami said while grinning, making me blush a deep red.

“Still, given how the tide seems to be about to come in, I'm afraid that this sandcastle might soon have a moat...” Mami continued with a teasing grin, while looking out at the lightly crashing waves just beyond where we were now situated.

“W-we wouldn't want me to be here when that happens, r-right?” I asked a bit nervously, while the thought of getting trapped under a watery sandcastle actually scared me a bit.

“Of course not.” Mami answered, as she continued to make a teasing smile.

So with a touch of regret, Mami started to destroy the castle she had just made, freeing me from it. With more than a hour now having passed since we last ate, and with the sun starting to set, we went for another short swim, this time while playing with the beach-balls we had.

A couple teenage guys flirted with Mami, and hit on her, while she and I played in the water. But Mami calmly apologized to them while explaining that she already had an important someone in her life. It was kind of silly of me, but seeing her turn down the advances of these very athletic and cool-looking guys made me smile with pride as I knew that I was the “important someone” in question.

After our second time swimming, Mami and I spent some time simply resting on our beach towels, and chatting with each other. It was now almost 10 PM, and it had been a very fun-filled day. But I think that Mami had some ideas in her mind on how best to cap it off.

While I didn't have that much energy left, I think I had just enough for what I wanted to do to put the perfect finishing touches on the first day and night of this weekend getaway with Madoka. Thankfully, almost all of the crowds that had gathered on the beach had gone home by now, giving Madoka and I a small measure of privacy.

So I took Madoka by the hand, and asked her if she'd join me for a romantic moonlit walk on the beach, along the shoreline. She answered “of course” to my question.

It was an enchantingly clear night, as the moon's reflection shimmered bright off of the gently rolling tides. The atmosphere was simply perfect for my walk with Madoka.

“Have you enjoyed our trip to the beach so far?” I asked her, this time in a very serious tone.

“Yes, it's been everything that I could have hoped for.” Madoka answered, in a low and romantic tone.

Everything?” I asked teasingly, while raising an eyebrow, “There's nothing more you'd like, Madoka?”

“W-well I'm open to anything you might have in mind, of course!” Madoka replied.

So earnest. So eager to please. Such an incredibly easygoing yet morally firm individual. I felt so very thankful to be Madoka's girlfriend in this moment. It was now my greatest hope that my relationship with her could continue forever, unchallenged and always like this very moment.

Yet I decided to allow Madoka's eagerness to please, to remain without a clear response for now. I wanted the moment of that response to be perfect. As such, I simply made casual chit-chat with her until we reached the ideal spot for my clear response. We were now walking in front of a small rock formation, that had been made very slick and flat through crashing waves of water. I then came to a sudden stop.

“Mami-san, what is it?” asked Madoka.

“It's something simple, Madoka.” I answered, as I turned about to face her, while I held both of her hands in mine, “I stopped walking since I want to kiss you.”

I then leaned forward and slightly downwards, in order to press my lips against hers. It was a passionate kiss, reflecting the deep yearning within my heart to be as close to Madoka as I could possibly be.

Mami's kiss had left me breathless, and a bit stunned. Mami was so smooth when it came to romance, and so she often took me by surprise. But in fairness, this had been a very pleasant and romantic walk on the beach, so I shouldn't have been as surprised by Mami's kiss as I was.

Mami then ran one hand through my hair, and gazed lovingly into my eyes.

“Madoka... I love you so much.” Mami said, “As you know, I'm usually not at a lost for words, but I now struggle to think of how best to convey to you with words how important you are to me, and what I want for the two of us.”

“It's Ok.” I replied, in the sweetest tone that I could manage, “I know how you feel about me, and I feel the same way about you...”

I wish I could say something that didn't seem so cliche or plain, but it really was the truth.

“Are you sure about that?” Mami asked me, in a serious tone, “I ask since I... since I...”

Mami once again surprised me, this time by her not being able to finish her sentence. So instead she took hold of my wrists, and thrust me up against the flat rock formation behind me. My back rested against it, while Mami pressed herself up against me. She started kissing me with such intense passion, as her hands roamed about my arms and my sides. It was so pulse-pounding! Part of me was afraid, but a much bigger part of me simply wanted more.

If you chose A for M Opportunity Choice 2, read Section No Objections, Back to Phoenix Wright's Beach House. Otherwise, skip over it.

If you chose B for M Opportunity Choice 2, read Section Reevaluating Previous Objections. Otherwise, skip over it.

If you never qualified for M Opportunity Choice 2, read Section Do You Object, Madoka? Otherwise, skip over it.

Spoiler for No Objections, Back to Phoenix Wright's Beach House:

Spoiler for Reevaluating Previous Objections:

Spoiler for Do You Object, Madoka?:

The following morning would finally arrive, after I slept for over eight hours straight! Mami had awoke before I did, and she put on the yellow pajamas she had brought with her. She had also prepared fried eggs and buttered toast for her and I to have for breakfast. After I slipped into a pair of green pajamas that I had brought with me, I joined Mami for breakfast. After breakfast, Mami asked me if I would like to take a shower with her.

“Is that really the best way to get clean?” I asked Mami with a teasing smile.

“Don't worry, I won't do anything that would undermine what showers are meant for.” Mami replied with a wink and a grin.

So I showered with Mami this morning, and I have to admit that it felt great! She carefully washed my hair, my back, and my legs for me. I then did the same for her. We embraced a couple times in the shower, and gave each other a couple quick kisses amidst some giggling, but nothing too extreme happened. Mami had lived up to her word!

After her and I showered, I changed into a blue pair of polka-dot bikinis that was the same style and type as my pink pair. Mami changed into a very lovely and elegant red striped bikini. She then helped tie up my hair for me after combing it.

Finally, around 10:30 AM, and after gathering up our beach supplies, we headed off to the beach!

Mami and I noticed that they were holding a special sporting event on the beach today, open to anybody who wanted to participate. That event was a female pairs beach volleyball tournament! Mami thought that it would be a great idea if the two of us entered it as a pair!

“I'm not that physically strong, you know.” I said to Mami's suggestion.

“Maybe not, but you're very quick and agile!” Mami said, “I'm sure that the two of us could do well in this beach volleyball tournament.”

Mami's enthusiasm was contagious to me, so I happily agreed to enter the tournament with her. It was set to begin after lunch and run until 4 PM.

Mami and I actually did really well in the first two rounds! We won the first match 15-8, and the second match 15-12. Mami was extremely good at this, and scored most of our points for us. But I was proud of being able to at least keep up with the pace of competition, and land a few points on our competitors in each of the first two rounds. We shared a lot of gleeful high-fives, and earned a lot of cheers from a mostly male crowd, as we progressed further through the tournament!

In the third round, though, we ran into two very tough competitors. Their names were Haruka Tenoh and Michiru Kaioh. Haruka was tall and athletic, with short blonde hair. Michiru was slightly shorter, and with green hair that looked a lot like Hitomi's. From the way they celebrated their points, I couldn't help but suspect that they were a lesbian couple like Mami and I are! I think that Mami is roughly as good at beach volleyball as Haruka is, while I was about as good as Michiru is. But Haruka and Michiru were more used to playing as a team than Mami and I were, and that led to them winning a very close and tight match 15-14.

After the match, Haruka and Michiru shook the hands of Mami and I, thanking us for a great and spirited competition.

With Mami and I both feeling tired from the beach volleyball competition, we decided to go take a rest on our beach towels, and under our umbrella. But not long after we began resting, I noticed something deeply disturbing, embedded within a beach ball bouncing along the waves near the shoreline!

“Mami, look.” I whispered to her, while pointing towards the beach ball in question.

“...A Grief Seed.” Mami said, as a look of horror spread across her face, “What is that doing here of all places? It's glowing too, so the witch's barrier is about to form! With so many people here, the danger posed by that is immen...”

“I see it too.” Michiru suddenly whispered to Mami, after noticing how she had taken note of it, “You must be a Puella Magi like I am if you're able to see it, and know what it is. I'll use my magic to frighten away the crowd and ensure their safety. But you will need to fight the witch!”

“R-right.” Mami replied to Michiru, stunned by her words.

I caught a glimpse of Michiru's dark blue Soul Gem, as she used it to create a mammoth wave!

The crowd reacted in total shock at the sight of a massive wave being formed! Cries of “Tsunami!” and “Earthquake!” were heard all about us. Mami held me firmly in her arms, while we stayed perfectly still under the umbrella. This was to avoid the onrushing crowds as they rushed away from the shoreline in frenzied panic.

Once Mami and I were the only two people left on the beach, Mami used her Soul Gem to transform into her Puella Magi outfit. She then leaped into the air, and held me close to her, while we stood atop a tall snake-like formation that Mami had formed out of yellowish strands.

“Will the witch's barrier form before that insanely large wave crashes down?” I asked Mami in fear.

“Hopefully.” Mami replied, “If so, it should render that wave meaningless, and ensure nobody is hurt by it.”

Thankfully, the witch's barrier did form before the wave crashed down. The sky suddenly turned starry black, and it was also filled with all sorts of cosmic beauty! Bluish, reddish, and orange spirals were now all about the sky. It was like the most gorgeous and captivating of outer space visual phenomena was now taking up the entire immediate sky!

But all of that was secondary to the ground-level horror. The waters had turned to blood, and Mami and I saw the witch surfing upon it! The witch appeared to be a completely naked teenage girl, but coated in brilliantly bright black marble from head to toe. She was about five foot three inches tall, with shoulder length “hair”, if you could call it that. Her eye sockets were empty, with a red glow emanating from them. She had a most malicious grin on her face. All about her were dozens of familiars in the form of large disembodied heads!

Each of these disembodied heads appeared to be human, and each was about the size of an adult man. Each of these heads was wearing utterly bizarre purplish helmets that stretched down over the eyes and to the bridge of the nose. An angled piece protruded out from each side of the purplish helmet for each of these familiars.

They all groaned “I HUNGER!” in loud, ominous English.

Wow!” I exclaimed at the sight of this highly unusual witch.

“Be very careful, Madoka.” Mami said, “I'll form a protective red magical barrier around you. Make sure to stay behind that while I deal with this witch!”

“Right!” I shouted in response.

Mami then leaped off of the snake-like platform that I was on, with a red but transparent protective barrier covering me like a large shield. Mami kinda flew in the air, while she summoned forth a vast array of muskets! She then shot them all off almost simultaneously!

These muskets proved powerful enough to destroy most of the disembodied head familiars, while the surfing witch was knocked off of her board by a series of explosions occurring all about her!

Mami then landed skillfully on her feet, after descending from out of the air. But she wasn't given much of a chance to catch her breath, as the eyes of the remaining disembodied heads started shooting some wide blasts of thunderous reddish energy at her! Mami managed to bob and weave and race away from these various blasts, but she was soon cornered by the witch!

Draob ym, em ot!” the witch cried out, while now standing on the beach next to Mami, and dramatically throwing one arm diagonally downwards.

Mami was then struck hard in the back, by a black marble surfboard rapidly descending out of the air!

Mami-san!!” I cried out in horror.

“D-don't worry...” she said, while struggling back to her feet, “That isn't enough to defeat me!”

Mami-san then began to skip and twirl about with such superb grace and style, shooting muskets off at a breathtaking pace! This was enough to destroy the remaining familiars!

However, I noticed that the musket blasts that had been striking against the witch itself was having no effect on it. But the witch was about to have a major effect on Mami!

The witch's two arms were thrust forward, with open palms. Out of those palms came forth blasts of seemingly cosmic power! One such blast struck Mami!

Aaaaaggggghhh!!!” Mami cried, as the blast singed her clothes and hair.

That blast had also sent her flying ten meters backwards, with her landing on her backside.

“Mami, are you Ok?!” I cried out in question.

“...I won't lose!” Mami exclaimed, as she gingerly but relentlessly rose to her feet, and then yelled directly at the witch, “I won't let you hurt Madoka!”

Mami then leaped high into the air! She then summoned forth her gigantic glistening gun!

TIRO FINALE!!!!” she exclaimed, louder than I've ever heard her yell before!

The blast rocketed across the landscape, striking the witch exactly on target! Please... oh please may this be it! Mami then landed on her feet, breathing heavily, while she waited to see what effect her ultimate move had made. Eventually, the billowing smoke and storm of sand left in the wake of her Tiro Finale had dispersed.

What Mami and I then saw left us both petrified.

The surfing witch was grinning maliciously, and had been left entirely unscathed!

“How...” Mami began to state in utter terror, while her eyes went wide and her face displayed total shock, “How am I supposed to defeat that monster?!”

“Madoka!” I suddenly heard the enthusiastic voice of Kyubey!

Seemingly out of nowhere, he was now situated right behind me.

“You must contract with me now, Madoka!” he exclaimed, “It is the only hope that you or Mami have against that particular witch!”

“I...” I began, while trembling and sweating bullets, “I wish...”

“That will not be necessary.” I heard the voice of Akemi Homura!

Homura then seemed to teleport from one spot on the beach to the next to the next, moving passed a stunned Mami before finally appearing directly behind the witch.

Homura then forced open the witch's mouth with her hands, and dropped some small bombs into its mouth.

Homura then seemed to teleport away from the witch, and took hold of Mami's hands.

“Get down and cover your ears!” Homura shouted at Mami.

Homura and Mami then fell to the ground and both covered their ears. I also covered my ears just to be safe.

Then an almost deafening explosion was heard, as the witch loudly screeched and was destroyed within a mushroom cloud of flame and soot! I breathed such a deep sigh of relief over witnessing this witch finally be defeated. <YouTube music ends here>

With the witch defeated, Homura and Mami stood back up. Mami had a look of shame on her, reminiscent of how she had looked the last time Homura had saved her from a witch. Homura steadily walked over to where the witch had last been, while the witch's barrier began to dissipate. The beach was thankfully still empty of anybody except Mami, Homura, Kyubey, and myself. A Grief Seed appeared in the air, and slowly lowered itself to the ground.

Homura picked up the Grief Seed.

“Here” Homura said, while throwing the Grief Seed at Mami, “Given how much magical power you used up in that fight, you probably need this more than I do.”

Mami caught the Grief Seed, but she didn't look very pleased by Homura's gesture. Mami then lowered me back down to the ground, and collected her magical summons back into her Soul Gem.

“...I thank you for once again saving me, and especially for once more saving Madoka.” Mami said towards Homura, in a tone of supreme shame, “But I don't deserve your generosity.”

“That's beside the point.” Homura replied, as she walked back towards where Mami was standing, “I want you to be in good condition for when Walpurgis Night arrives.”

“Is that why you apparently followed me all the way out to this beach?” Mami asked in turn, “Just to ensure that?”

“No.” Homura curtly answered, “I came out here to ensure that Madoka remains safe. It's crystal clear that I'm the only one capable of protecting Madoka from witches.”

“...What's that supposed to mean?!” Mami asked, with a look of fiery anger over Homura's implied insult.

“The meaning should be quite clear to you.” Homura answered, “This is twice now, and in less than two weeks, that you have completely failed to protect Madoka from a witch. If Madoka was my girlfriend, I can assure you that I would be doing a much better job of protecting her than you...” SLAP

Much to my open mouth shock, Mami had just slapped Homura across the face with one hand!

“I have had enough of your verbal abuse!” Mami shouted, while tears streamed out of her eyes, “I am grateful for how you have saved the lives of Madoka and myself twice, but that doesn't mean that I'm going to stand for being continually disrespected by you! I am an experienced Puella Magi who has defeated countless witches. Two near-defeats does not take that all away!”

One defeat is all that needs to happen for a Puella Magi or a human to be killed.” Homura replied, while her and Mami made intense eye contact with one another.

Homura and Mami then continued to glare menacingly at one another. I felt a desperate need to help them make amends with one another. At the same time, though, my heart went out to Mami here. I wanted to support her unconditionally, and to let Homura know that her insults were not appreciated.

But what should take precedence for me? Playing peacemaker in general, or supporting my most beloved Mami-san?

Choice M4:

A) “I also will not stand for you insulting Mami like that. I thank you for saving me, Homura, but I stand by Mami... now and forever!

B) “Please don't fight like that! It's important for you both to get along.”

Spoiler for Response M4A:

Spoiler for Response M4B:

The crowds gathered at the beach this Saturday would be saved from the surfing witch, thanks to the collective efforts of Michiru, Mami, and Homura. But as for myself, I had a lot of other things to think about during the return trip home. For obvious reasons, Mami and Homura both dominated my thoughts. I spent a lot of time thinking over how best I could help smooth over the divisions between them. I also wanted to ensure that I was both friendly to Homura, and supportive to Mami.

The days to come would certainly prove to be pivotal ones in my relationships with both Mami and Homura.

__________________________________________________ _

Sayaka Romance Chain

[Cont'd in next post]

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-03-16 at 18:14.
Triple_R is online now   Reply With Quote