View Single Post
Old 2012-03-17, 18:23   Link #2408
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
If they "cared deeply" they never would have sold out to EA.

*facedesk*

*facedesk*

Edit: I just love the "don't change the ending, it'll set a terrible precedent!" people. Do they not remember Broken Steel? FO3's ending was garbage, and Bethesda fixed it. The world hasn't ended as a result.
Problem is it is very expensive to launch advertising campaigns and mass production. Most devs are having to go to one of the big publishers, such as Ubisoft, Activision, EA, THQ, etc. Just sucks that these big publishers are getting so money hungry they are hurting gaming such as pushing for yearly releases, demanding multiplayer in everything, etc.

As a renter, it is really depressing, as companies are moving to completely destroy it. I find most games are not worthy of a buy, and likewise, my budget for gaming is not large. Instead of buying two games a year, I can rent from my local place for $6 for 5 nights. I almost never touch a game I play again after the first time, and renting is perfect for me. Then came the online passes. At first they had trials, so I could see if I enjoyed the online or not. Now those are gone.

With rumors that the next gen consoles will have anti-used game software that forces you to buy a key, looks like I may just have to jump out of gaming. Too expensive for me. I envy the days of childhood when parents bought things.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote