View Single Post
Old 2012-04-03, 07:46   Link #312
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
While this is arguably plausible, you failed to disprove my theory. At all.

1: The nice boat kid died due to something that happened while still inside the town. He was already dead before the nice boat hit him.
2: The extra being able to move outside the radius means nothing if the dead extra and the phenomenon that kills people are two different things. If the extra appears in the class because that class invites death, there's no reason why the extra shouldn't be able to move around freely. People getting killed might be a response to the extra's appearance.
3: That bus you referred to that died while outside the radius. Actually it didn't die while outside the radius. The accident happened before reaching the town's border.
1st:
We can argue about this point for ages, I say If he would have stayed home they would his parents would have brought him to a doctor, which would have averted his death.
Another point is that he probably ate fish at the beach together with questionable ingredients gathered by the other students, so at least one person vomiting is not that implausible, that together with the fact that he was apparently car sick let Reiko put her guard down, otherwise she would have brought him to a doctor too for sure.
So him hitting his head was definitely causal but not the actual reason of his death, as hinted by Chibaki.

2nd:
The Calamity stopping as soon as the another is dead is actually a pretty good hint that it happens around the another.
And while Wikipedia is, without question, a questionable source it too states that it happens around the Another.
Other hints to this are that the another is, no matter how you look at it the cause for the whole misery. You can't cause something without having a spheres of influence.
I'm pretty sure the redshirt dying at the beach was meant to narrow the number of suspects down, and not just to show that
Spoiler:

3rd: Possible, its been a while already, note though that the effectiveness of the calamity decreases the farther you get away from town.
The calamity though still needs a core spheres, which could either be:
- School
- Another
- Center of town

Lets for the sake of the argument assume that it is the school, as the middle of the town would be highly illogical, then the calamity's effect would already be weaker that close to the towns boarder, probaly no longer able to kill a whole class (or 90% of it whatever it was)
If you use the Another as center though the calamity would bee strongest around them, being very well able to kill off an entire class at once.

This theory is btw sustained by the fact that all deaths having happened closer to the Another were a lot more lethal than he ones farther away. (The elevator was imho an extension through the phone. )

Really close to the Another:

- Death by umbrella
- Death by elevator
- death by suicide
- (death by) dismemberment
- all the school trip deaths

Within range but not really close:
- (elevator -> in () because its arguable)
- death by concussion
- death by heart attack
- death by kidney failure
- (death by suffocation) -> Brackets because the manga had being stabbed

One thing you can see from that though is that the deaths close the another are a lot bloodier than the ones not directly next to them.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-04-04 at 17:56.