View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 00:46   Link #42
Balzac
Assistant Professor

What people like and appreciate about Key through the years would perhaps be served better in a separate discussion in itself. Personally, as a specific appreciator of VN comedy, Key has remained golden in that department, and that's why they're one of my top-tier companies to look out for.

I strongly feel apprehensive about treating the girls in Angel Beats! as romance routes, because it would thus shunt the game into individual routes with specific endings, which although expected, isn't exactly "novel" in my book. (Not that I won't be pleasantly surprised by the method Maeda might use though)

And in addition, aren't Yui and Yuri spoken for? (For the latter especially, it'd mean much of the SSS exploding in sheer rage if Otonashi confesses his love and is reciprocated) But I can see a Kappei-like route (for those not in the know, a route from Clannad) for Yui maybe.

Also, I remember someone writing a remark last year in a thread I don't remember about Key making an otome game. With the sheer amount of males in the cast, Angel Beats! The Visual Novel could become a suitable prototype