Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-17, 22:40   Link #20921
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I always knew you are a control freak.
I should add that I'll also work to revise the constitution allowing for two five-year terms for the president or a change to the parliamentary system, then work my way up to the head of government. Then, once the dual citizenship laws in Japan are passed, I'll go regain my Japanese citizenship and also become a member of the Diet. Then, we might have one leader of two countries. It'll be the foundation of Eastasia.

Yes, I am EBIL, MUHAHAHA

Quote:
Come to think of it, since Jeju is a tourism island, won't militarising it turn it into potential hotspot for conflict with Japan to the South, and give the Japanese Nationalist radicals an excuse to take control of Japan?
Japan will never turn radical from Korea. It'll be because of the PRC that Japan will embrace nationalism, if it does.

Quote:
Would you actually equate the news agency which reported it to be nothing but a mere tabloid? I am not very familiar with Korean news and their networks.
Here's the title of the article: Jasmine Lee Faces Racial Abuse After Election Win

I think that pretty much tells what the article is actually about.

Now, for the craziest news from Japan: Ishihara says Tokyo to buy Senkaku islets / Purchase of 3 islands to 'protect' them

Quote:
The Tokyo metropolitan government plans to buy three of the Senkaku Islands to "protect them," Tokyo Gov. Shintaro Ishihara said in Washington on Monday......

"The Tokyo metropolitan government will protect the Senkaku Islands. How can anyone complain about the Japanese buying the islands to protect the nation's territory, regardless of which country opposes such a move?"

Following the speech, Ishihara told reporters the metropolitan government would propose that the Okinawa prefectural government or the Ishigaki municipal government jointly manage the three islands.

Govt mystified by plan

The government has not been informed of the Tokyo metropolitan government's plan to purchase the three Senkaku Islands, Chief Cabinet Secretary Osamu Fujimura said Tuesday.

"The government has maintained contact with the owners [of the Senkaku Islands]," Fujimura said during a morning press conference. "However, we aren't aware of [the Tokyo metropolitan government's plan]. Whether we'll discuss [the islands with the local government] is a matter to be considered later."