View Single Post
Old 2012-04-21, 01:18   Link #33
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Archon_Wing: Lol, it's like you wanted to have enemies and is constantly pursuing to get more. I don't want that to happen, but I respect you nonetheless. Also, on the Reputation System as a game or "just a game", I hope it isn't so. It just puts the possibility of "one user steps his foot forward and a nuke from out of nowhere comes rushing in to destroy him for critical damage".

Vexx: Honestly, I'm quite thankful that TheFluff has his own road within this community. I really wouldn't like to encounter him on a discussion as I think that he is as blunt as a wrecking ball.

GenjiChan: I understand what you feel, and that is the reason why I decided to disable reputation after some of my friends in the forum advised me to do so after being pissed about negative feedback in my posts. But well, the problem with advocating disabling reputation is that too many users do not care about reputation. Anyway, it's a good thing that you've disabled your reputation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
Oh, I think that the rep system has been a net positive. I definitely think it's contributed to conversation here being more civil and pleasant, and less marred by personal attacks.

AS is probably the most active site on the internet that I know of where trolls are just about non-existent.
Well this is because there are so many ways to troll in this community without posting it as a direct response to the post targeted. There's Visitor Messages, Private Messaging and Reputation (the latter can be disabled). Of course, the Report button on all these functions allow people to control this behavior from developing behind the usual conversation in public threads, but more often the damage has been done the moment the message has been received.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.

Last edited by Marcus H.; 2012-04-21 at 01:33.