View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 23:32   Link #963
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Actually Rinslet could probably down Claire as well due elemental compatibilities. In this universe, water Pokemon, I mean spirits, are strong vs fire type. Rather tan the other way around.

Overall, the team is actually garbage.

Ellis can only fight straight up. She is too honest and falls for feints and sneaky tactics like some naive child.

Fianna has 0 combat ability and can only deploy her knight as a shield against AOE attacks.

Claire is all talk and no do. A huge liability that digs herself into a hole with her tactics that almost never work. Then she gets Kamito all injured when she requires saving.

Rinslet has no role. Long range attacks that keep missing plus the freezing effect that everyone at the level of the blade dance is immune to.

Kamito is THE TEAM. He is both attacker and defender. And usually resolves any battle through overwhelming sword skills. He can't do anything fancy yet. So far he just powers up Est and stabs people in the chest.

The girls' function in battle is to distract and take long enough to lose so Kamito can stab the enemies individually.
Sadly, you're correct. That's what I also thought when I first saw the team. It has massive potential if everything gels together. Ellis as the tank, Fianna as support, Rinslet as the sniper, Claire as back up, and Kamito as the ace. However...., right now it's mostly a dysfunctional team with Kamito cleaning up the mess.

Let's put it another way. The principal said that if Kamito could tap into his original power 3 years ago or "awaken" (something Kamito hasn't done yet..., I think. Though that missing memory is suspicious), he could solo through everyone alone with the exception of the current Ren Ashbell. Right now a heavily nerfed Kamito with nerfed sword spirit (1/10th of her power) is carrying the team...
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote