View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 22:04   Link #28674
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Or Maria's alive and still has her jaw. Another person's jaw + forged dental records to ID them as Maria's... Think it's far-fetched? Well, it's a trick RK07 actually used before in Higurashi so I wouldn't say it's out of the question. In fact, it calls attention to itself precisely because of that.
Entire family concocts an elaborate, "fake our own deaths and move to Hawaii with 50 tons of gold" to the specific exclusion of Ange, going so far as to acquire some child's jaw, and altering Maria's dental records, and planting it in the crater of their exploded mansion as they sail away into the sun?

I LOVE IT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
I can accept "Asumu is Battler's mother." as referring to (effectively), an adoptive mother, but I can only accept "Battler was born of Ushiromiya Asumu" as "Asumu is Battler's gestatial mother.".
Well, I agree that it'd be best to not get too-too subjective with definitions. But ... like, do you accept that Kanon ceased to exist in the guest room? And for some brief period before that didn't exist anywhere at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErenselTheJester View Post
I wouldn't say she feared rejection, more like she feared enslavement. Keep in mind that George never asked her about things, he decided on his own and dictated these things as both of their futures.

I would like to think of Beatrice as bird trying to free herself from her cage. If she were to go with George, she would be able to leave the island at the expense of her fate being decided by some guy she doesn't really like.
You're of the opinion that Shannon doesn't really love George, is just using him as an out? That kinda ... would change some things.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote