View Single Post
Old 2012-05-09, 20:48   Link #1180
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I see, is Chloe annoying in any way or does she compliment the series even more? Mind you I haven't read the novels as well so I'm wondering if I should jump into the anime or the novels first. Though since the novels have been licensed I'm sure I wouldn't find them very easily so the anime seems like the best bet to go right now.
The anime, manga, and novels are all licensed, of course.

I don't think you would go wrong either way. As for Chloe, she replaces a character that had a more minor role in the novel, and I actually thought it added a bit of a personal angle to the anime that was nice. I didn't think it distracted, though by the same token I didn't find the novel particularly lacking. As for as changes go, I think it was a good one and was pretty smart.

No matter what, though, I think you will want to read the novels eventually, as they add a lot more detail and texture than what they could fit in the anime, not to mention the anime only covers four novels (v1, v2, v3, and v5) from a much longer series. Volume 4 was already released with a non-animated story, and volume 6 will be released in English next month.