Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-18, 04:41   Link #977
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
He did have that moment where he felt worthless and unneeded because they left him behind, though. At least they did a quick job of clearing that up. I really liked the part Chloe played in it. He still might not really have a place on the team yet, but at least now he doesn't feel as if no one on Pied Piper cares if he exists.

Edit: Speaking of his place on the team, it kind of bothers me how useful Ao is right off the bat. I can attribute some of it to the Nirvash, but Ao just seems to be way too competent in fighting Secrets. It's just weird that he was able to do what Goldilocks couldn't do so easily considering his lack of experience.
This is a really technical point, but they mentioned it in ep 2 or 3. The Nirvash has all of its engines turned on and, for IFOs, is insanely fast. For as advanced as the other crafts after (it's only been 10 years, so it's not a huge progression), they seem to be designed around a much heavier weapons load out. So, they're much better against multiple targets, where as the Nirvash, much like the original one, is designed for close-quarters combat. These two sets of Secrets have been more open to Speed Attacks, especially the episode 6 one, which is the reason Ao & the Nirvash are so useful.

Though, if you put this Nirvash with all of the versions of from the TV series, I just realized that I believe the Nirvash has activated every power that the Buster Machine mecha had. (From Gunbuster/Aim for the Top!)

I actually did find a relationship between E7 and Gunbuster: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/ency...ple.php?id=264 Miyatake-san, who also works with Kawamori a lot, did a lot of design work on E7 TV and mecha design on Gunbuster. Though I'd assume it's more homage (especially the episode 50 antics), but it's still pretty fun.

Oh, and DAMN, whoever Truth is... he/she/it is going to be a beast of a problem.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote