Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-25, 14:00   Link #446
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by YF19EX View Post
I just noticed the Yamato firing regular shells in two sequences of the preview. (One at 1:20 and the other at 1:26) I believe that you or someone mentioned that the Shock Cannons appear to be dual purpose with mass based shells as well as energy weapons.

The translations says something about fusion bullets. What I suspect is a lesser form of the later Wave Motion Cartridges. Though I wonder what sort of explaination they will give for using shells verse energy weapons in combat. Shells I can see them using in gravity enviroments as they can use them to fire over the horizon and over terrain. And maybe they use them in the smaller guns in combat when they know the shock cannon energy won't be enough to penetrate the target's armor (or maybe they want less damage so they have wreckage to analysis). I don't know which does more damage...the shells or the energy weapons.

They would have a limited number of shells where as the energy they get from the Wave Motion Engine. They can refuel that (somehow). They might not be able to make more shells...though that depends entirely if they have an onboard factory like they had in the first series (the English dubbed the "Dynamic-do-All"). Such a factory could help them rebuild lost fighters as well as hull plating, and new auxilary craft. But it won't built them new crew members. Though with a crew of 999, they do have at least a little room for casualties. Though probably not enough to train new pilots for rebuilt or new Cosmo Falcons.

I see in the trailer the medical staff has several nurses (both male and female) and Yuria seems tasked to help at one point (perhaps only delivering supplies, though they seem paused like they are listening to one of Okita's speeches).

Yuki's spacesuit is very yellow. This again leads me to think the one at the airlock in the Epsiode 3 preview is Akira, in orange. (Though they make have added the colors since that preview was made)

Okita's spacesuit is still black, which makes me wonder if that's just to match his coat, or is admirals would have black on white if they had a standard Yamato uniform.

Hijikata takes over command of the Fleet from Kirishima in Okita's absence. I wonder if we will ever see that ship again?

The Wave Motion Gun could do with a little added Star Blazer's sound effects. Though current version with the bass upped helps sell the power and scale the thing has.

Last edited by Ithekro; 2012-05-25 at 15:00. Reason: Added pictures
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote