View Single Post
Old 2012-06-03, 03:06   Link #62
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I'm pretty sure that Okada has taken her cues from the project "concept" on just about everything she's done. The question to me has always been what her scripts bring to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Get a boyfriend? Not happening! In the words of Elaine Benes: "I'm not a lesbian - I just hate men."
Speaking personally, Okada's non-emasculated characters often end up being as lulzworthy as her emasculated ones, so I don't think she so much hates male characters as considers emasculation and the like a useful outlet for her "for the lulz" tendencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So basically she does excellent dialogue and characters but she really needs to work on her ability to write plot because it’s just God damn awful.
Mmm... not sure I'd be quite so superlative about it, but yes, she's far stronger in characters and dialogue than plot. Her shows often seem to end on a bit of a weak note - even two of my favourites, Otome Youkai Zakuro (which had an anime original end IIRC) and Hanasaku Iroha suffer this to an extent. AnoHana also comes to mind.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote