View Single Post
Old 2012-06-04, 13:23   Link #80
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It's funny because I've hating this show a lot and yet here is an episode entirely focused on haters. I couldn't even tell if it was actually trying to win me over or if it was trolling the hell out of me and that's just a horrible development. I can no longer tell when Okada is actually trolling or being serious.
Why a writer would feel the need to troll a fanbase is beyond me. I don't see what's to be gained from that sort of relationship with the people that are supposed to be your supporters. It's one thing to joke or maybe throw the odd reference to a bad experience into something (like Anno and his infamous wall of hate in End of Eva, remember when that was shocking and oh so controversial? Seems like a while ago eh folks?), but to just have this childish slapfight with the fans like Okada seems to be having of late spread across several differrent shows she's writing for breeds nothing but ill will and misgivings that will carry into the future. I don't think I've ever seen a more unprofessional staffer in my time as an anime fan as Okada is coming across.

I really hope this apparent fad of "trolling" with anime dies out sooner rather than later, especially since if it weren't for this occuring with some shows I'd be willing to argue that we're seeing some of the overall best anime being produced in a while this year. This trend though...really dragging down the averages almost singlehandedly.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote