View Single Post
Old 2012-06-05, 11:15   Link #29051
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
The same reason they're there in Legend, I guess: to make it seem like the culprit had trouble getting into Natsuhi's room because of the scorpion charm. In Legend it creates the illusion that Beatrice couldn't get in; in Turn, because Natsuhi dies at the first twilight, it creates the illusion that Beatrice did manage to get in but was somehow wounded in the process. Nobody actually picked up on it in Turn, since they didn't go to her room until way too late, but Beatrice likes pranks where she doesn't know whether they'll be noticed or not.
There's a couple problems with that, though:

1) Natsuhi never gets a charm in ep2.

2) There's no reason to believe Natsuhi was ever in her room on the night of the 4th anyway. While others may not know the adults went to the chapel, they were presumably dressed normally before that point and so it wouldn't really do to create the illusion that they were sleeping and kidnapped from their rooms by Beatrice.

3) There are never any scratch marks anywhere on the island other than Natsuhi's door, ever. It's just a very odd feature that appears twice with respect to Natsuhi's room and then never again anywhere else.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote