View Single Post
Old 2012-06-08, 08:22   Link #1726
Captain Bluebeard
Detective, Witch, Pirate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Fuck Ryukishi's definition of love, fuck the Red Truth, fuck the Blue Truth, and fuck illusions. I know when someone loves me. I don't have to take it on 'faith', 'trust', or 'a good guess'. This man has taken me on a planeride to show a garden of roses spelling out our names inside a heart from a bird's eye view. He loves me.
Congrats, your man's a knight. Clearly, there is no need for red truths here, as love is not something that you need to see with your eyes. To put it with the words of a different author, 'the eyes of the heart are more reliable than your actual eyes'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
A better approach would be to act on the assumption that the truth is the one that's most probable, and when someone tells he loves you, acts like someone who loves you, and talks like someone who loves you and there is no valid reason to think he'd fake it all, well you should assume that he loves you not the opposite.
Which is the point that I was making that this is Ange's error in the first place.

Quote:
There is no need to have blind faith, which would cause you to still believe you're loved even when your partner gave clear signs of wanting to break up.
I guess 'faith' was the wrong word here. Maybe that should be 'love'. Ange lacks 'love', so she can't trust words that aren't red. Clearly, the scene were she shoots the shit out of Amakusa and Kawabata was symbolic and is only absurd if interpreted in a completely literal fashion.

Quote:
Also, there is no need to be loved in return to love.
It's not like I disagree but...What does that have to do with anything?

It's tough to be blue...
Captain Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote