View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 04:02   Link #149
thirdlc

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Here's the original japanese arcticle that lead to the ANN article that says her "emotions were shaken" ,which to me is normal when you're told your work needs a major rewrite,but it's not like she quit the project,she stayed on board,rewrote the script and went on several promotional interviews alongside Nagai so I don't buy into her not liking the show.

Though if anyone feels like translating I'd appreciate it because I don't always trust ANN.
Are you OK with a rough translation?

She wanted to write a sense of hanging out with childhood friends without reasons as she was a kid, and thickness and speed of the flow of time through childhood. To connect the two elements, she came up with Menma, a ghost. She definitely wanted to call to Nagai and Tanaka for her first original work. After winning a competition, she did so. When she showed them the project proposal, she didn't know what she should focus on yet and the proposal included slapstick erotic elements. At the first meeting, the two of them suggested she focus on friendship, and told cliche was fine. Then she felt certain she cound handle the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
What I got from that article using my limited google translate (lol), was that Okada was inspired by I Can Hear the Sea and Only Yesterday. Both of them are Ghibli josei dramas. Never seen I Can Hear the Sea, but I did see Only Yesterday, which was excellent. So this is where she got her inspiration from for her drama scripts? No wonder why she was great (compared to the rest) in the past.
That part is an introduction of AnoHana by the article's writer.
thirdlc is offline   Reply With Quote