View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 10:19   Link #255
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

24th War: The Last Command Spell

Fate/Zero broadcasted its last episode yesterday, but, fortunately, the hype is still fresh so I know I'll be able to watch the last episode some before June runs out.

Now, the climax going forward to the conclusion of the Fourth Holy War became a banquet of men that rocked the doors of heavens.

Even if in a hypothetic scenario we took the Godspeed action going crazy between two formidable foes- Kiritsugu vs Kotomine- the will of the Grail itself offering its philosophy to tempt the one it deems worthy of taking it was not only thought provoking, but it made to realize someone as consequential and nihislistic to Kiritsugu that its supposed 'Truth' to grant any miracles around the world is ....

Spoiler:

Kiritsugu has been shackled by the burden to uphold his values and ideals to sacrifice the minority in order to save the majority in countless numbers at the expense of a small amount of victims.
Spoiler:

And, definitely, there was something wrong and suspicious inside the Grail.
Spoiler:

Now, moving on with the fight:
Kiritsugu vs Kotomine match will ever be echoed in the hearts of the fans, as one of the most epic Master duels in the anals of the Fate fandom history.

The execution of the fight and choreography displayed skyrocketed far beyond "The Matrix" standards. So beautiful, sublime and yet so deadly; the Magus Killer vs the Executioner, and right now there's nothing else I could ever asked for.

That match plus the intromission of the Grail itself far outclassed and outweighed all of Sabers' scenes in this episode, simply because she's just too regretful and obsessed with the guilt for having caused such madness on her dear friend, and it doesn't let her to get a clear view of what lies ahead in front.

I'm sorry for Saber but Kiritsugu immediately used his remaining Command Spells to put an end to this theatrical charade that the Fourth Holy Grail War of Fuyuki City has spiraled down into.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

All masters except for Kiritsugu have either been taken down or retired, and now it's only two servants left- Saber and Archer- to move on with the conclusion and closing of the Fourth Holy Grail War in the last episode.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote