View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 13:04   Link #38
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Seriously this. I know this episode tried to make the Vagan and Ezelcant sympathetic, but after knowing all these senseless violence they had inflicted on Earth, all the killings, it just doesn't work. Also, since they have such impressive technology, why don't they send all the refugees back to Earth?

Unless it is revealed that Ezelcant is fueling the Vagan's anger to win his war, but apparently now he does care about the Vagan citizens?
Why would they do that?

The Federation already left them to die slow deaths in Mars, which is already a very cruel act in and of itself. Who's to say they wouldn't just shoot them down and cover it up?
If you can leave millions of people to die a slow death, you will ahve no qualms about blowing them up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
indeed from the explanation the researchers said that EXA-DB are full of military technology that their technology are far cry with their present ones but realistically isn't military technology is more advance than civilian technology in reality? and in reality that technology was converted and used for the better of civilian. And the way vagan do. They put more thoughts on military actions and not the lives of the people. Look at the citizens. They look like in the middle east. They live in a very bad environment and I don't know why they are still leaving near the mars if they leave in a colony. Do they need materials from mars to survive? I don't know but their own location itself is killing them and they aren't even going farther away from it. I don't understand and they are putting more effort on military side than the civilians living inside the colony.

Look at the colony that leaves near earth. They leave a much better way and they don't focus much on military tech but more on agricultural or more like research. They living a better and more simple life than those vagan people.

They want to invoke emotions for the vagan people. Sure they did that. I feel bad for Lu but I still can't ignore how idiotic for them to not even find other way then war.
In case you forgot, Mars doesn't offer much in terms of resources like Earth does. There are no plants or animals in the mars sphere where they can just make their colonies nice and pretty like the ones around Earth with lush vegetation ,rivers and what not.

Their diet seemed to be soups and bread, very little of the latter for Dean and Lu...

What Mars has plenty of is minerals and metals, stuff suited for making weapons not improving people's quality of life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
I like that the villain's plan here is to basically guilt-trip the little kid. Anyone else would probably shoot back with some of the stuff discussed in this thread.

Also why does Ezelcant have a damn palace when everyone else is living in hovels? That can't be good for the whole disease thing.
you mean shoot back like Kio did? basically say : "but you killed a bunch of innocent people!"

So what?

The Vagans all hold the federation responsible for their suffering, and all those deaths are because of the federation. They abandoned the colonists to die, and the recent negotiations probably just had unacceptable terms to them, like "we'll have a cease fire and but you stay in Mars......dying". It's easy for Flit to just say oh they rejected the peace terms because they're evil monsters that want war. But we don't know the whole story....