View Single Post
Old 2012-07-09, 05:43   Link #65
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
How is it not? Ezelcant himself said his definition of Eden is a world without war.
Where only the strong selected humans are alive. The war itself is his eugenics program.

Quote:
I wouldn't go as far as to claim any of that. Ezelcant may be insane, but he's not that insane.
As Ezelcant said to Kio if he (Romy) was reborn before he did (Ezelcant never bothered to die extending his life by cold sleep. ) why can't he understand why he is doing this.
Spoiler for To Ezelcant Kio is Romy:

Quote:
Actually, according to this episode, Ezelcant is using the conflict to force humanity to evolve and create a superior race that will be intelligent enough (or so he imagines) to reject war on their own and thus create his ideal Eden.

But my point is, why is Ezelcant so adamant about this world without war when his own reality doesn't suffer much from it? Can't the writers for AGE choose a better reason? Failing that, they could've at least created a more appropriate setting.

I don't know, maybe they just want to show how much of a troublemaker Ezelcant is, creating a problem where there is none. But if that really is the intention, then he may just be the least interesting Gundam antagonist to me yet.
As someone said in /m/ Ezelcant sounds like a JRPG villain. It comes down to what Age was originally intended, a game. Only Bandai came to the conclusion to increase profitability is to make an anime of its premise.

And it worked... Terribly!

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2012-07-09 at 06:21.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote