Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 05:59   Link #1657
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I think I've heard somewhere before that Akado had thought that she could beat her in the beginning, but then she became monster-like at the end like what Saki usually do. There's a probability that she dealt in when Sukoyan she's warming up...or maybe Akado was traumatized because after she hit her with that high score, Sukoyan starts to be more scary ._.
I was thinking along the same line as well. I'm not surprise if that were the case with Sukoya being the monster she portrayed to be. I think the differences between skilled players and monsters are not only their powers but also their mental issues. Monsters are more hex in terms of their abilities but they are prone to becoming psychologically unstable because of how they were raise or experienced some form of trauma in the past. For example both Koromo and Saki past weren't all sunshine and rainbow. Jindai also had to bear as many as 7-8 divine beings or something. Teru denies she had a sister also hints that she had some issues with her past with Saki. Toki was in the third team before and gained her future seeing power after she got hospitalize probably because Toki herself wishes to become stronger for her team and able to go to the national together with her wife. Kuro is another example but the one with an exploitable weakness. Skilled players e.g. Yumi, Hisa, Nodoka OTOH are not only more defensive and/or flexible in their play style but are also more psychologically stable.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote