View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 17:41   Link #29697
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsuspectingvisitor View Post
I didn't say that Erika's blue truth was still valid. I'm just saying that she got the recorded knock thing right. Her blue truth was shot down because she thought it was someone from outside the mansion who setup the cassette tape , she didn't even suspected those inside the mansion.

there's a possibility that they interpreted the sound after the incident. It just wouldn't make sense at all that they can figured out it was a recorded tape the instant they heard the knocking sounds. It's only natural for them to suspect that someone was knocking behind the door because the knocking sound came from the door or atleast near the door and they didn't know yet the whereabouts of everyone inside the mansion at that time. So they will still suspect that someone other than the people inside the dining hall knock. But they found out afterwards that no one

Kanon and Shannon setup the cassette tape and since Lambda said in red that no one inside the mansion placed the letter in the hallway then the letter wasn't in the hallway to begin with. Kanon just lied about finding the letter.

I don't like that solution where everyone lied about the whole incident just to troll on Erika. It not a fantasy scene because we didn't see any Golden Butterflies around or any fantasy creature. Why didn't Lambda shown us a scene where Beatrice was knocking behind the door and placing the letter then? It would make more sense to me since we can see her hanging around Natsuhi Alot of times in this episode. But If by chance that everyone lied, how can you explain that scene where everyone looked at the door if the knock didn't happened at all?
I'm not sure I follow - her blue truth is still potentially valid, she just stopped supporting it after a misleading red. It's almost as if she said "Kinzo is in this room!", recieved "Kinzo isn't under the bed!" as a response, and for some reason went "Oh, I guess he isn't in the room after all."

Also, Erika DID suspect those inside the mansion - she investigated them first. In response, she got :
Neither Krauss nor Natsuhi nor Genji knocked!
This isn't the limited meaning of them knocking on the door, okay? It means they didn't use a pillar to transmit the sound or push the play button on a cassette tape they'd recorded or create that knock sound by any means! Of course, this applies to direct, indirect, intentional, coincidental, and unintentional means!
Let it be known that at 24:00, except for Krauss, Natsuhi, and Genji in the second floor corridor and all of the people in the dining hall, no humans existed inside the mansion.

Let it be known that in addition to Krauss, Natsuhi, and Genji, none of those in the dining hall made the knock. In this sense, 'knock' includes all direct, indirect, intentional, unintentional, and coincidental events that could create a knocking sound.
In short, this means it was impossible for any character within the mansion to be the source of a knocking SOUND. ......And 'any character' refers even to unobserved people that no one has noticed.

Which altogether amounts to, more or less, "you cannot be inside the mansion AND produce a knocking noise of any sort", which is why she just hopped to suspecting the Guesthouse group. Furthermore, there are plenty, PLENTY of scenes that tell misleading narratives that don't involve golden butterflies, or Beatrice doing something hugely magical. And I wouldn't personally say it was "just to troll Erika", either. I've always thought End was a mostly broken/incomplete game, anyways, and is intentionally nonsensical in places.

Also, while "everyone lied" isn't really the most ... elegant of solutions, it's hard to deny that it's sort of Beato's M.O. There's precedence, at least for that. I agree that it's worth questioning why they would've lied about it ... but I'd also say it's worth noting that nobody ever brings it up again ever. XD
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote