View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 09:56   Link #1088
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
I'm not super-optimistic about this anime, but I wouldn't think of KyoAni as infallible when it comes to adapting Key's works. They, and Ishihara Tatsuya, aren't godly, just like Pixar isn't godly. It's very possible for another studio and development team to surpass them.
Really?

I'm hardly the biggest KyoAni-lover on this site (I've had plenty of critical comments about them in recent months and years), but you're drastically downplaying the quality of their Key adaptation work, imo.

They may not be downright infallible at it, but they're incredibly good at it.

So, no, it's not "very possible" that another studio and development team could surpass them. I honestly think you're doing a real disservice to KyoAni in making it sound so easy to surpass them. It's not. It's very hard simply to match KyoAni (when it comes to good adaptation work), let alone surpass them.

The initial reaction to JC Staff handling Little Busters! was probably a bit too harsh and negative, but now it's starting to swing to the other extreme. We'll be fortunate (and I'll be pleased) if JC Staff does 90% as good a job with LB! as KyoAni did with Clannad. To think that more than that is "very possible" is people just setting themselves up to be disappointed, imo.

Cautious and reasonable optimism is what's best here, imo. Not this pie in the sky "They'll surpass KyoAni!" thinking.

Last edited by Triple_R; 2012-07-18 at 10:11.