View Single Post
Old 2012-07-24, 04:31   Link #79
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Quote:
Originally Posted by flack View Post
Was there even a mystery they had to solve in this episode? This show is progressing so very slowly. Wonder what the climax is like. It isn't getting interesting as I expect it would.
The mystery probably already started at the beginning of the arc, with episode 12.
I suppose it's one of those cases were all clues were hidden nonchalantly and we just didn't notice due to enjoying the school festival like the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Not really smooth. He spent 200 yen + a water gun to get 200 yen's worth of cookies. If they weren't nice enough to give him a bag of flour, he'd be behind.
Looking at the end results it goes like this:
- the classics club sold one anthology for 200 yen
- Oreki bought two cookies for 200 yen (their normal price) and traded the water pistol for a bag of flour
- The Trick or Treat girls traded two cookies for an anthology (same price items), and a bag of flour for a water pistol.

It’s a bit roundabout, but I’d say it’s a fair deal and the classics club is clearly a winner in the end.
Oreki had no use for the water pistol, so the bag of flour is just a bonus (which proved useful eventually). Selling an anthology was the point, and unlike the other items he traded for he actually had a personal use for cookies.

Last edited by don_Durandal; 2012-07-24 at 04:49. Reason: reply to Anh Minh