View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 19:26   Link #1551
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
I find that the author of this story looooves to time skip. I've mentioned this many times but, we never did learn fully about life in Aincard and even now it's pretty damn hard to relate the word 'Death Game' to that particular arc. Someone probably complained a lot about that and he was obedient for the next few volumes, and then his hands got itchy again and made time skip official in Alicization arc. >_>
Eh, there's no way to avoid timeskip for Kirito. Remember, time for him is moving along thousands of times faster than everyone else in the real world. You'd literally have to dedicate a couple volumes to Kirito with every chapter of material for Asuna without time skips. As it is, most of volume 10 is already dedicated to Kirito's side of things, most of which are materials that wasn't in the web novel - which had a straight 2 year timeskip for Kirito from the events in vol.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kivredia View Post
Wait, what? 8 Years? There's some really bad inconsistency here. When he was in the real world after SOA he was a complete mess after being separated from Asuna for a few months. Alright there was the "small" problem that she didn't wake up with him and he didn't know what happened to her but honestly this is just messed up.

He was always like:"she's the most important for me, bla bla" and now he didn't see her for 8 years and its suddenly:"yeah, no big deal. Everythings fine.". Additionally they decided to go to USA together in Vol. 9 Interlude and stuff.
Because it's not true. The total time period for Kirito covered in vol.10 is 2 years, which saw him and Eugeo make their from that tiny village to being members in a larger town's guard contingent, and from there entering into the imperial academy, 750km away from the village they first started at, and ends with the end of their first year there.

And no, he's not exactly fine with being separated from the rest of friends and Asuna for so long, but there is nothing for him to RESOLVE POWER through this time either.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote