Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2012-07-25, 21:04   Link #22651
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
It sounds to me like your frustration is with the fact that people are asking you for help with an operating system and class of devices that you lack familiarity with. Here's my version of what you said:

I haven't used Windows extensively since Windows XP. I don't like fielding requests to repair installs of Windows Vista or Windows 7, because a lot of it is foreign to me now. If these people don't even know the basics of how to lock down their system, keep it secure, and use anti-malware software, why are they buying them?
I have met so many people who have a text document labelled "passwords" on their computers, un-updated antivirus software and some who lock their systems with the password hints as their password that another computer tech friend of mine asked me why I had so much patience in dealing with such people.

I admit I do only have rudimentary troubleshooting knowledge of Macs, and I do seriously expect people to read up on what they are going to buy before going to someone else when it broke. Never buy anything you can't fix or don't want to bother with the new object's high learning curve.

One more thing : I used Windows 7 quite extensively. The only 21st century OS I had problem with is Vista.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.