View Single Post
Old 2012-08-14, 12:50   Link #101
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

I think people are overreacting as usual.

They have a personal view of a character they thought was always tough and unbending, but we just saw what more than likely is her real personality and it's a tough pill to swallow.

A lot of people tend to forget that part of this mission was for morale purposes and it was said that they were going to have a photo shoot sometime in the future. Well, there it is.

Of course, that's completely forgotten when all the hate floods your brain.

She's still tough, it's just that when a person who has to act that way all the time suddenly gets struck with a new emotion, you can't expect them to be robotic like you want to them to be. That wouldn't build or add to her character arc.

I don't think it cheapens the character and I really feel that people are way too strung on the trope aspects to make anything feel original anymore which only leads to the masses to be disappointed when it doesn't reach their personal standards of excellence.

Anyways, I think it shows that Yui's not really the harden emotionless wench that she makes herself out to be. The conversation between her and Cryska about why she made Yuuya test pilot Japanese TSFs made that apparent and wanted to defend him, but she couldn't out of pride.

But seeing Yui sulking and how insensitive Yuuya was to actually point that out to her was pretty hilarious.