View Single Post
Old 2012-08-15, 15:57   Link #53
marvelB

I'm still unclear about the confusion with the whole heart business. While I admit that I also raised my share of questions about it when we first saw Law use Mes on Smoker, I pretty much accepted it straight away as soon as we saw Tashigi was able to function normally in an otherwise heartless body. As for why Smokey passed out at that time.... well, my only guess is that it's a "side effect" of sorts of using Mes (so for all we know, Law and Monet could have passed out when they traded hearts, as well).....

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Say what you will about Luffy but I have yet to see Oda challenge him. Second Luffy is using haki all the time, he got training from an expert, and he knows what the Admirals are capable of from first hand experience. I think Luffy's decision to train for two years was based on his experience in Saboday and MarineFord War. It was a hard and humble lesson for Luffy but it gave him a taste of the New World. Personally I think Marine Ford war was a New World experience for Luffy. I believe when Rayleigh trained Luffy, it was so there would be no repeat of Saboday. Luffy is prepared.

Grey, I just want you to answer me this one question: If going to war against an emperor were really as simple as you apparently think it is, would you mind explaining exactly why we're seeing the supernovas seeking alliances with each other? Don't you think that they themselves would already be emperors by now if they were really THAT badass by themselves to begin with? Because this whole alliance thing kind of defeats your argument, I think.

And we already went over the reasons for Luffy's training before: It was so he'd be strong enough to survive in the New World, not strong enough to conquer it. There's a HUGE difference. Going to war against an emperor right now without proper preparation would basically be like going through Marineford all over again. It's better that he makes as many strong allies as he can so he actually does stand the slightest chance against the NW's rulers.....