Thread: Licensed Kokoro Connect [anime]
View Single Post
Old 2012-08-22, 18:24   Link #1533
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
"why does Inaba have a trust issue?"

Now there are signs that Inaba is trying to change her way of thinking but how deep does that change really go? Is it only to the point of being able to socialize with others but at the same time not trust them? Or is she trying to break down her wall she has up and believe people don't want to hurt her?

If that is the case, then Taichi really screwed up with her progress. Inaba knows that he has an addiction to helping people, but it's possible she just learned due to Taichi's outburst that not even the white knight can help her with her troubles which could lead her to believe she is beyond help. I'm sure my analysis is pretty far out there though.
Like she said, she's born with it. I know how that feels cause it's like an instinctive thing, some people just can't help but to have second thoughts about trusting. Especially since Inaba is the type that thinks about everything at every angle.

And she indeed does try to trust people. In episode 4 we already know that she wants to trust her friends and hates herself for doubting them. As I said way back, the only person she doesn't trust is herself as she doesn't want to accept this "despicable" side of her. Taichi in episode 4 managed to nudge her a little towards the right direction by convincing her that they will accept her, so she can try and accept herself.

Finally, you're entirely right about this outburst incident that Taichi basically reset her progress back to point zero, or possibly worse, as it exposes once again everything Inaba hates about herself. The fact that she feels that she has betrayed/let her friends down doesn't help.

Last edited by Lantern; 2012-08-22 at 18:44.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote