View Single Post
Old 2012-08-23, 16:20   Link #93
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
right. i didnt say he was using izanagi at that time. i said he stopped using kamui

the paper bombs were continuous correct? and he ended kamui correct? therefore there must have been a time when some of the paper bombs were severed and didnt completely pass through him. hence that panel on p3 you are citing

except you dont acknowledge that he ended kamui before he used izanagi. why cant that image be that moment? keeping in mind that kishi was forced to not show his MS eye we are only disputing a fraction of a second worth of time here. like i said earlier in this post, it may have been impossible for tobi to stop kamui while keeping all the explosive tags whole since they were continuously passing through him
The issue with this is that he clearly didn't start using Izanagi until at least the panel on page 4 where he's tearing off the part of the mask covering his left eye. In between those two panels, enough time passes for Konan to verbally explain to Tobi that there are enough paper tags for 10 minutes of explosions. In those several seconds, we would have had paper tags blowing Tobi up.

Quote:
you could be right about that but it does seem more complicated to me and needlessly at that.
Even if it does turn out that Tobi has been using the Mangekyou Sharingan this whole time, I think there's enough evidence to conclude that the jutsu we normally see him use is different from what we've seen Kakashi use (and what he's using now with the stakes). If it were the same, then he wouldn't have needed to get close enough to grab Fu and Torune to suck them into the other dimension at all, since Kakashi has now shown us with Naruto's shadow clone that you can indeed use Kamui to suck entire people into the other dimension from a distance away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
But it's true that this was not always consistent: for example Danzou could cast his genjutsu on the samurai leader even without removing the bandages, while Kakashi always removes his mask when using his sharingan, also it was shown how Tobi removes the part of the mask that covered the other eye which in retrospective made it clear that he began using izanagi just then. Just like in case of Danzou, he removed those large metal things from his arms before using izanagi.
In all fairness, Danzou did undo the bandage on the eye at the end of his fight with Sasuke, and Tobi explained that Danzou was probably still deciding whether to use it for mind control or Izanagi. It could just be that certain Sharingan jutsus require that the eye be uncovered while others don't, with Izanagi and Kamui being among the ones that do.

Of course, all said and done, I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit if Kishi just goofed with that panel.

Last edited by Discerptor; 2012-08-23 at 16:33.
Discerptor is offline   Reply With Quote