View Single Post
Old 2012-08-26, 09:43   Link #193
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycodrake View Post
I'm having a hard time seeing what I can find to enjoy about this Yu-Gi-Oh rip-off spin-off.
This is speculation, but looking at the way the whole setting is set up, I can safely guess that this will differ from Yugioh a lot...

For one, this looks like a game where you play as yourself. No creatures, mostly spells. Sure you can have trap spells, instants, sorceries, enchantments, but no spell-crafted attackers. Unless you're a summoner, then you get to summon a minion.

Another difference: team combat. You fight in groups of 5 v 5, each person being 1 mage. I deduced this because Nanoha team has Suzuka, Arisa, Fate, Alicia and herself, maybe +1 Amy, while Hayate team has Signum, Vita, Shamal plus Reinforce and maybe +1 Rein Zwei? Poor Zaffy. Florian team has all 5 too, and maybe +1 Yuri.

The card might function as a deck, but so far I see no one drawing from it. If anything, it might even be a Spellbeck, as in, Becky's Spellcards as seen in Dog Days.

(Becky's name really goes with a lot of things, doesn't it? The Beckshin, and now Spellbecks...)