Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2012-09-03, 13:20   Link #1039
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

If I read the character designer's interview correctly, Starsha was the hardest one to remake as they tried to keep her closer to the original model while keeping the goddess styling she had (she has nearly Matsumoto style eyes with the lashes compared to all the other women. And certainly the hair). They aren't sure how she will come of standing next to the other characters animated because her model is not quite like the rest of them.

The women are of course all baseline off Yuki's character model.

Yamamoto was a whim choice to change genders. Sinohara was going to me Yamamoto's design (mostly) until that choice came down. It seems to work, since Yamamoto's personality seems to be similar to Kodai's and there would be no real need to have two hothead men on the ship with similar backgrounds. But having one be a woman instead makes it different enough that both can exist within the story. Sinohara's personality was something new instead. I was going to say he reminded me of a later character, but he's shown no inclinaton to showboating and he's rather laid back. And don't recall anyone but the space marine being up to hitting on a computer.