View Single Post
Old 2012-09-05, 07:18   Link #542
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassoonicmayhem View Post
So, Yama released his bankai despite having previous knowledge that it will be taken away? Or was he not informed? Or does being over 2,000 years old make you impervious to this sort of thing? I'd really like to know.

Sorry, I just wish that Kubo would actually use the characters that can fight these people off and not just waste them. I know that Ichigo is going to have to save the day, eventually, but come on. This will be a waste of a chapter if all he does is 'showcase' Yama's bankai then quickly cliffhang the story, with a shot at the bad guy (on the verge of death of course) says, "Oh wait, I can take your bankai!" Cue shock face of Yama. Next chapter no bankai and gets shit kicked out of him. Cue maniacal laughter, "Now I truly have the power to destroy Ichigo Kurosaki!" ...Well, so much for that moral!

To me, it seems as if Kubo feels pressured into showcasing more bankais now, ever since the butterflizen debacle. Perhaps when Aizen gets his 'Get Out of Jail Free' card, we might see his as well (if he is even released from prison). Though I'd like to see Urahara's more, and I have a feeling, thought, that that will never happen. Here's to hoping.
Of course he knows. He only just finished incinerating the guy who stole his subordinate's bankai.

There is no way he'd release his bankai if there was a doubt in his mind that it could be stolen from him...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote