View Single Post
Old 2012-09-10, 20:44   Link #2880
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Anyone beside me think that the light novel is getting kind of "out of there"
Spoiler for LN:
IMO, it was out of there the moment there was a super soldier that used to be Obama's personal bodyguard... That's a high level of douchery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
This alone can make Sun Wukong more powerful that most Butei, and he still chose to add laser eye beams. WTF.
There's already Light Sabers in the story.

Laser Eye Beam is about that same level of 'BAD'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Though Marcus your example for Kamachi and Kawakami's use of legends might be screwed up but their settings is one I loved the most because they don't do the stupid shounen power up.
Not really; both Kamachi and Kawakami have properly set up their story so that from the very beginning you know exactly what is possible.

Kawakami's was more immediate the moment he listed down the different races (Half-Dragon? Ghosts?) while Kamachi is more gradual- he plants the possibilities in your head first with an early story.

Now it's just like HnA is doing whatever the heck he wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Well that is just myth so he can get out of that by saying the myth is just exaggerated by people who passed down the story, cause if that really is the setting of son wukong in the story....I can't really think of any way a butei can go against him....
Just make him/her a human with Wukong's name and problem solve...

...Except, he/she has laser eye beam.

In which, why bother calling him/her Wukong?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote