View Single Post
Old 2012-09-18, 12:42   Link #30643
Patchwork Chimera
Human

Quote:
about Bern refusing to acknowledge that bastards like Beatrice can be forgiven just like that
I qoute my post

That's what was happening for Bern to be such an anti-beatrice witch. I agree with her to a certain extent. If you find the one who's torturing you, you don't suddenly make it easy on her. So maybe Prime-Yasu didn't kill anyone. But she was what started everything. And for Bernkastel, who saw how was a world without the woman who started everything (her friends happy, her family complete), begining a massacre indirectly is worse than realizing a massacre, because her dearest friends realized massacres, and all the fault was on Miyo, the one who started that mess.

Maybe Beatrice is different and RokkenPrime Yasu is a sweetie who didn't kill a fly. But the endless witch (the one she's treating in the Meta level - Bern's level of existence) acts like another Takano, gloating about being an all powerfull being, torturing a guy 'forever' because she had it rough... the paralell is merciless (made worse by the fact that Beatrice knows that Battler is suffering and reveling in that -Takano at least had no idea that Rika was trapped in an endless bad end) and that's why Bern's so invested in defeating 'Takano-Beato' by any means.

She's all the Rika that couldn't defeat 'real Takano'. So of course is personal.

That's talking about the meta level. What tragedy happened in real world or the gameboards is not of Bern's concern, she's focused in her own layer and the story that is unfolding there.

Is a little twisted, but Bern is pointed to be twisted.

My problem with Beatrice is that okay, she can be pitied or forgiven. But no one calls on her for her own selfishness and EVERY character in Umineko forgive her and thinks of her as a martyr. Except Bern, and we see why. (Edit: And Bernkastel is treated as an horrible, terrrible villain. Okay, she is, but she's had it as rough as Beatrice... ha. No. She's had it worse)

You don't explode an island knowing what was happening and wait for everyone to pat you in the head because you had it rough. Especially not the guy you start torturing killing his family and that has no freakin idea what you're talking about.

Last edited by Patchwork Chimera; 2012-09-18 at 13:04.
Patchwork Chimera is offline   Reply With Quote