View Single Post
Old 2012-09-24, 23:08   Link #742
flying ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
What it is telling you and me is that these people are making so little money that they can barely sustain themselves with it, let alone pay a tax on that income. These people are still paying some form of taxes in the states/city/town they live in the ways of sales tax, tolls, etc. At the end of the day, the money they are earning still isn't enough to cover the total cost of food and shelter (the two most basic need of any human being) without some kind of assistance.....
show me people who truly can't sustain themselves and I'll show you someone who either doesn't know all the benefits available to them or is down and out on drugs & alcohol.

not only do many of those who don't earn enough to pay taxes get extra benefits... they get back more than they paid in through the EITC!

Quote:
That's a bit of a naive outlook considering almost every state in the United States has been struggling for the last decade or so to raise money to balance their budgets. That 3% of the rich buying those bonds because it helps them with their deduction to reduce the taxable income, not because they want to help the states and cities from the goodness of their heart.....
this... is... called... 'legislating through tax law'
congresses understand the benefits of tax-free municipal bonds and have provided an advantageous means of raising money.

tax-free bonds aren't "deductions". purchasing them doesn't reduce one's taxable income like deductions do.
they're generally used by asset rich and income poor retired people who want an income stream without taxation. it's a win-win for them and the bond issuers

Quote:
Even then, if you go state by state, bond buying isn't creating that much of dent to effect a state's projected budget. These states still need to raise money via tolls, tickets/infractions, sales tax, property tax, state tax, town tax, city tax, etc. etc. to raise that money and they are still broke.
as the name implies, munis are mostly used by municipalities or other state-sanctioned entities. it provides a means of raising large sums of money at once... even larger than could be raised by a tax initiative. indeed, new taxes are often levied to pay them off over time. it's how municipalities finance projects they can't pay for now.

Quote:
link
this is all you need to know about that whole link:

Quote:
I don't care about Romney's secret admissions. An 18-month campaign offers a downright luxurious amount of time to say dumb things. But I do care about Romney's public statements and his public stances. In February, Romney told a reporter he was "not concerned about the very poor" because they have a safety net. In August, he backed a budget that slashes the projected growth of that safety net. If only neglecting the plight of low-income families were the sort of thing Romney tried to keep a secret.
this is classic liberal Newspeak.

cutting the rate of growth of entitlements = "cuts."

Quote:
Come election time, a lot of these non-paying leeches will still be voting Republicans if we go by the trend of the last three decades or so........
nope.jpg

the non-paying leeches are those getting a free ride on everyone else's dime... the vast majority will vote d-crats