View Single Post
Old 2012-09-27, 11:30   Link #163
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
More like Endless Insane Soul imo

I mean, there's some things that I can understand being oldschool with, but pencils... ugggh. I hate the scratchy noises those things make and the overall feel of them. Give me a smooth, graceful pen any day.

And I think I actually maintain things equally well whether I record something via a pen, pencil, or keyboard. The only sense that pencils make the memory strong for me is in the sense of "Hey I remember writing this because of the scratchy sounds and unpleasant texture of the pencil tips, man pencils sure do suck ass."
Heh, you should see what I do for a living. Pencils, both mechanical and wood and very common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
KYH took an interest in Haru because of his considerable skill as a gamer.

KYH fell in love with Haru because of certain aspects of Haru's personality. Even by the time of her throwing herself in front of a car for him, these aspects of Haru's personality had been made clear to her. It's easy to forget this, but KYH is one of those "Student Celebrities" that you see so much of in anime. And I find in anime that a surefire way to win over a "Student Celebrity" is by being totally non-pretentious and basically not acting like an insane fanboy/fangirl around them (and honestly, this makes some sense to me - real life celebrities often grow tried of people swooning crazily over them, and tend to really appreciate the company of everyday people that treat them as another human being). So much of what caused Haru to win over KYH was his complete sincerity with her, and him treating her with genuine caring and respect (rather than overbearing fanboying).

It's probably true that KYH finds Haru's physical appearance cute - From KYH's perspective, he probably looks a bit like a big, fluffy, stuffed toy. I can see somebody going for that (especially in a culture that emphasizes cuteness as much as Japan's does).

But I doubt that's the main reason why KYH took a liking to Haru. I mean, if Haru looked like Taku, KYH would probably still love him for his gaming abilities and personality.
Agreed! To be honest, I don't really get why people are still hung up on why KYH has fallen for Haru. In the end, it's your heart that decides who you fall in love with, not your eyes.

Endless "Complete sincerity" Soul