View Single Post
Old 2012-09-30, 15:45   Link #1512
justsomeguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimapan View Post
Just watched ep. 11 (a little late, I know).
I noticed that the fake wedding scene had a significant mess-up: Yuuki and Chisato were wearing *white*.
In Japan and China (and a few other Asian countrie)s, people only wear white at *funerals*, because white is associated with "Death".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Funera...Asian_funerals
As a Chinese guy, I have to say that we Asians are quite a bit more flexible than you believe. Western-style weddings and some other adopted customs are nothing to be surprised about. "Significant mess-up?" F'ing LOL.

Anyway, yeah the main draw of this show is the election stuff, which sets it apart from all the other eroge adaptations. The plot made sense, the characters all had their own mini-arcs and backstories without distracting from the main story, and everything was tied up together in the end (IMO a bit too easily and idealistically though). There was a nice contrast between the themes of love and the ruthlessness involved in politics. I think the only things left unexplained was the the thing with Ojima seeing Saga's propeller and Tatsumi's mask, but those were very minor.

8/10.

Currently playing: LoH Trails in the Sky SC
justsomeguy is offline   Reply With Quote