View Single Post
Old 2012-10-04, 17:54   Link #825
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Figure I might as well include this part of Okada Mari's interview here:

Quote:
-- (Laughs) You were in charge of 5 series compositions in 2008.

Okada - Yes, 5. 5 was big. In true tears, it's very important to me that Nishimura Junji[6] and Morita Mayumi joined as scriptwriters. Until then, I had done series composition in a few productions, but never had I worked with such crazy episode writers like them (Laughs).

-- I see.

Okada - They did a violent thing to me. I thought, "At this rate, the show's going to fail," and said a severe thing to them. I irritated easily back them. There was a point for TT to go well, but their scripts didn't fit in the point. No matter how long an order I sent to them, something was completely off though they wrote along the order. They tried again and again. In spite of being a veteran director, Nishimura was writing with sincerity and I felt his enthusiasm for "writing something like this" and I was touched by that. It's significant to meet with Morita. She wrote very fresh scripts, which made me think it didn't depend on a writer's age. She agreed to my many demands to improve. What is more, even when I said "Improve only this point", she rewrote the whole script. I thought "She messed things up again," and got very irritated yet happy. When I think about the two of them, to be honest, I want to cry at times.

-- So, the violent thing they did was that they wrote something different from you order?

Okada - That's right. I would think I don't want to spoil their characteristics. I figured out how to manage to make the most of their characteristics and ordered them to do this, but they wrote something completely different again. It's sort of like "what was that trouble of mine?" So TT was considerably changed from the series composition at the beginning. There were stories I wanted to write, but I resolved to change the composition so they could do their best. So the ending was changed too. It's sort of like they wrote these, which could mean only one thing.

-- In an extreme case, was the person the protagonist goes out with at the end changed?

Okada - That is what happened.
Looks like there was an epic shipping war even within the staff