Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 01:45   Link #592
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Why is a SWAT team so intimated by a bunch of kids that look like they belong in a sum41 music video?
Maybe because the kids' boss can ignite a magic flame hot enough to destroy walls and melt metal (apparently). I don't see the point of even sending the SWAT team in, but I suppose it had to be done to show that Septer 4 are with the govt and Homra are the rebels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
- Oh, and the blue. When it gets too blue, I just think of them being underwater, like Sponge Bob. I don't mind it that much. The atmosphere and setting of show is pretty nice.
Blue is the "hip and urban" filter, I really don't know why people are so surprised at the show using it so heavily... Anyway, there were some really nice shots in the intro where everything is tinted blue except when we're watching through Anna's glass marble thingie, then we see the "true colors." It was really nice and had enough focus, so maybe there's more to the blue filter thing than simply "woah, hip and urban!" There's also what Marcus H suggested, that the color represents the Sexy Corps.

Off-topic:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Yes this is how I saw it too. Well either love or the ultimate bromance.

And the lyrics of the second song make me think of them

"I must be strong without you by my side
I can see forever you are my light"
Ha! And the best part, Reinhard's habit of playing with Kircheis' hair, didn't even make it into the anime (the core series, anyway, I think they sneaked it into one of the gaidens). Me, I always liked the rapport between Reuenthal & Mittermeier more, though. That third season finale. Aaahh. And in this case you can't even blame fanservice or pandering, because apparently Tanaka Yoshiki was shocked to find out that people were writing fanfic and doujinshi about the characters, and his agency pretty much forbids fan material that portrays the characters in an "unfavorable light" that is not true to the spirit of the novels. (There used to be a running gag that a certain main character -no, not that one- had to die just to spite shippers, which is of course not true, but is nevertheless telling of Tanaka's attitude.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote