View Single Post
Old 2012-10-10, 09:46   Link #2687
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
You seem to be getting a little defensive. I'm practically not home for 5 days a week, and only allowed to use my phone for Internet for like 20mins a night or no time at all.
But that's not the point, I'm only checking with you about your source, because phrases missing or lines missing or completely different terms are simply not translation differences.

I'm working on it but slowly, the inaccuracies are just inaccurate, it's more than style differences. I'm practically retranslating over his work and I don't particularly like that, so I'm trying to check with these inaccuracies.

There is a difference between being defensive and being annoyed. I am pretty sure I am not translating the whole thing into fan-fiction levels, and I openly admit I am very bad at names. And after reading the remaining 4 volume, I realize there are a lot of spot where I could have done a better job, especially now I realize some words actually carried a different meaning after re-reading. In the one hour per day I devote to translation, I really didn't have the time to fix things.

But, to make you feel better, I definitely will not do another translation on this project. And you have my permission to yank anything I may have done. I would already done so but I didn't want to annoy the editors who changed the work already.

Oh, here is the source. Go nuts

http://xs.178.com/986/index.shtml
ArchmageXin is offline   Reply With Quote