View Single Post
Old 2012-10-14, 12:13   Link #262
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The first ep didn't sell me, but the second ep did. Hilarious. Endearing. Fairly smart, for all its cliches. And fanservice galore. Gu-he-he.... I guessed who the author was, but rejected the idea as too over-the-top, lol.

Kito Ibuki may only be 14, but she's got talent and force. In a cast interview on the official site she says she has an elder brother herself, but he's not as gentle and protective as Akito. She introduces herself by saying she's in third-year middle-school and gives her age, then Ousaka Ryouta (Akito) does the same (he's 26). Then Kitamura Eri (Arashi) chimes in: "What's with this trend?" And she doesn't give her age (which is 25). I think she may have been protecting Chihara Minori (Anastasia) who is 32.

In the interview, Kito-san says that Akiko's lines have a lot of energy and roll quickly from high to low spirits, and says she hasn't quite got it yet, but will work hard to get better. Actually, I think she has got it, and just needs to work on giving her words clearer definition as they roll along.

Here's the (too small) pic accompanying the interview:

front (l-r): Ousaka Ryouta, Kito Ibuki. rear: Shimoda Asami (Gin), Chihara Minori, KitaEri.

The "special" page of the official site also announces that the Cure Maid Cafe in Tokyo will be running a "Little Sister Cafe" based on the show 2-11 November.

There is also a series of "slide-puzzles" using pics of the female stars on this page. And there are some free Twitter icons on this page.

The short form of the show's title is "Oniai," which I think has some funny associations: niai can mean "suit each other," and oni-ai could mean "demon love."

I'm not usually a big fan of Chihara Minori, but I thought she was particularly good here. So were they all, really. And Minorin's OP was excellent.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2012-10-14 at 12:26.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote