View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 20:37   Link #74
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Anime is no different of course. That is why works like Naruto Shippuden continue to be the most popular anime titles (And nothing against Naruto, I admittedly still enjoy it when it's not on fillers). However, if someone sits here trying to tell me that the execution of these top titles is spot on, I can only shake my head in disbelief.
Depends on the audience. You may not like the execution for these shows, but that doesn't mean others didn't like them. Especially if these shows like naruto are more marketed for children (or more like teens) in japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post

Yeah, execution can really make a somewhat banal premise very enjoyable, but sorry that isn't enough sometimes. I will never give the same credit to something like say last season's Tari Tari as I would to something like Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Or if you'd prefer a title in the genre not too far removed, take ~ef a tale of memories, which is considerably more imaginative, distinctive, and ambitious than Tari Tari in my eyes.
I am not sure if it's fair to compare series with different premises and different style of executions with each other. Those 3 series may have been well executed for you, but i don't see many similarities otherwise.

edit: I liked last seasons Hyouka and Tari Tari for their execution. While theese 2 series have some similarities in their basic premise (both were essentially "coming of age" stories in a high school settings and it was mostly set in a club), but the way how the stories were told was very different.

Last edited by hyl; 2012-10-21 at 20:58.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote