View Single Post
Old 2012-10-23, 02:18   Link #12
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
To be fair though, most of the stories are oneshots that have no solid place on the timeline so they could be moved around and transfer here and there.
Well, somewhat, maybe. The storyline from episode 3 was nicely set up in the manga by Ayumu and Hina talking about Hayate, where Hina finally understood how her actions toward Hayate would make him think she hated him. Thus, she decided to become a nicer person overall. In the anime, I didn't think the setup was that good. Indeed, the only thing the anime did better for the Hina-Hayate date story was have the belittling kindergarten kids at the theater, which made me laugh out loud. Otherwise, the manga date story is superior.

I recall the first anime series, which I watched first before reading the manga, and I noted in my blog that at times, the flow of the story seemed off at times. Commenters to my blog posts would often tell me that the reason for this perceived story flow problem was due to the production company shifting around manga stories so that they were told in a different order, sometimes reaching way out in the manga to grab a story and shoehorn it into the current anime story, just because it was a oneshot gag chapter (or a gag story only a few chapters long).

Quote:
My whole stance on it is that it's not really any major issue- But I just thought that they said this was going to be all original so I was expecting an original story for Hinagiku as well, that's all.
I have a blog post going up on this tomorrow, but my speculation is that this story was pulled from the manga and brought into the anime in order to give Miki, Risa, and Izumi a story where they played a central role. Otherwise, I don't see them playing much of a part in a story centering around Nagi's deceased father.

Episode 3 further disappointed me because it pretty much killed the notion of Hina still living at the apartment-house since Hina didn't know Ruri. That would also suggest that Athena, as Ah-tan, is no longer there either.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆